Accepted Forms of Payment
- NASPA accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and checks.
- NASPA accepts wire transfers from organizations outside of the United States.
- NASPA does not accept Purchase Orders (P.O.) as payment; however, some orders (including registrations) may be completed using the “Bill Me” payment option. This will create a downloadable invoice that can be accessed through the NASPA profile that created the order, and be used for remittance to campus business offices.
- Payments may be remitted online via the NASPA website under the account the order was created, or over the phone by calling (202) 265-7500.
- Payments may also be remitted through the mail via our bank lockbox or main office.
- Finally, payments may be remitted via secure fax at (202) 898-5737.
Please note: Any payment remitted via mail or fax MUST be accompanied by an Order or Invoice number, the full name on the profile under which the order was created, and an item description [i.e. “Professional Affiliate Membership” or “Leadership Educators Institute Registration”]. Failure to provide these details with payment may result in a processing delay.
Wire Transfer Payments
NASPA only accepts wire transfers individuals and organizations outside of the United States, and only when a secure credit card payment is not possible. Please find NASPA’s bank information here
Please note: Wire transfer payments can only be processed once a confirmation number of the funds transfer (not the wire order) has been remitted.
Changes in Payment Method
Changes in payment method or credit card after initial payment is processed are NOT permitted, no exceptions. Please be sure that you are using the appropriate credit card for this transaction.
There is a $35.00 administrative processing fee invoiced against all returned checks or disputed credit card charges resulting in a charge back.
Membership Refund Policy
Individual NASPA memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- It is NASPA’s policy that financial credits cannot be maintained on individual profiles. Funds from a cancelled payment may be applied to another order at NASPA’s discretion and only at the time of cancellation.
- Payments made for cancelled registrations may be applied to a future event within the same fiscal year if notification of the substituted event selection is provided within thirty (30) days of cancellation. This statute applies only to national NASPA conferences (excluding Annual Conference and all Regional events).
ACH Vendor Establishment
It is NASPA’s policy to decline establishment as an ACH Vendor with any external financial entity.
For assistance processing national event sponsorship payments, please contact Fred Comparato, senior director of corporate development, at email@example.com. For assistance processing Regional event sponsorship payments, please contact Tonya Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance with a payment for a NASPA publications order, please contact our fulfillment house, PBD at email@example.com or (770) 280-0098.
Event Registration Policies
Registration Refund/Cancellation Policy
- The cancellation deadline to receive a refund depends on each event, less a $50.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be given after the posted deadline for any reason.
- Please click here to submit a refund request. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. To inquire about the status of a refund after 10 business days, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programs may be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case, fees will be refunded; however, NASPA will not be responsible for additional costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, and/or travel agencies. NASPA is not responsible for weather or travel related problems and will not reimburse registration fees for these issues.
- Changes in payment method or credit card after the initial payment is processed are not permitted, no exceptions. Please be sure you are using the appropriate credit card for your transaction.
- After logging-in to register, the fee displayed is based on your current individual membership status. If your membership expires or changes before the event, your registration rate will change, and you will be expected to pay the rate that coincides with your new level of NASPA membership.
"Bill Me" Payment Option
- NASPA offers a “Bill Me” payment method for those wishing to complete an order but defer payment. This payment option will create a downloadable invoice available for remittance to campus business offices. Using this payment method secures an event registration slot, although the order is still considered unpaid.
Please note: After selecting “Bill Me” there are two options for settling the balance due: (1) an online payment at a later time via NASPA website profile or (2) your financial institution may remit check payment.
- If you arrive on-site to your event with an unpaid balance, you will be required to remit payment immediately upon check-in. Methods of on-site payment include: credit card, check, or promissory note.
Substitutions are allowed by individuals within the same institution/company. Substitutions should have the same member classification so that the payment is an even exchange transfer of payment. Additional charges may apply if the membership status is not the same. Please email your request for the substitute attendee to email@example.com.
Member Rate Qualifications
- In order to qualify for member rates, you must have a current individual membership, valid through the date of the event you are attending. You should have your own individual ID number. You will not receive the member rate as a result of working at a member institution. For more information on membership types, check here.
- If you receive the member rate and your membership lapses, but is not renewed by the time of the event, the non-member rate will be assessed at the current rate. Anyone whose membership is scheduled to expire should plan to renew their membership promptly, to avoid additional fees.
Group Registration Discount
- NASPA’s Annual Conference does not offer a group registration discount. For other select events, NASPA may offer a discount for members registering in groups of two or more individuals from a single institution. If an event is offering the group discount, it will be detailed on the registration page for that event. Please verify discount information on the event page prior to requesting this discount.
- To apply for this discount (if applicable) email your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying payment to your registration. Your request must include all registrants’ full names, the institution name, and the title of the event. The membership department will follow up for any additional information required and provide a personalized discount code each member of your group to use when processing payment.
NASPA does not accept purchase orders as a form of payment. For registrants requiring an invoice to have a check payment processed, please use the Bill Me payment method to complete your registration. The resulting invoice can be found and downloaded under the My NASPA section of the website (must be logged-in), by selecting the "View Invoices" link from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, email a request to Membership to have a PDF of your invoice sent to you. Bill Me registrations are considered complete and will hold your place in an event, however the balance due must be settled prior to attending.
Current and Past Registrations
In order to see a current or past registration receipt:
- Log-in to your account and go to "Personal Snapshot."
- Select "My Events" from the menu on the left.
- Click "View" on the event and then View Order to see a printable receipt.
- If you need assistance with a payment for the NASPA Annual Conference registration, please contact our registration company, Experient at email@example.com or (800) 974-3084.
- Registrations for the upcoming NASPA Annual Conference can be found by logging in directly at https://conference.naspa.org/ and clicking "Register." NASPA Annual Conference registrations will not appear under the My Events section of your Personal Snapshot until after the event has taken place.
Assistant Director, Constituent Experience and Services
Phone: 202-265-7500 ext. 1183