In 2020 and 2021 trending state legislation regarding transgender and gender non-binary individuals has centered around restricting participation in school sports teams based on assigned sex at birth. Over the last several months in particular, a growing number of states have enacted restrictive policies, creating concerns regarding transgender and gender non-binary individuals’ rights in education. This session, co-sponsored by the Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community (GSKC) will bring NASPA membership up to speed with the landscape of state policies concerning transgender and gender non-binary students and what student affairs professionals can do to support an inclusive campus for all.
Event Panelists Include:
- Vivian Topping, Director of Advocacy and Civic Engagement, Equality Federation
- Kyle Velte J.D., Associate Professor, University of Kansas School of Law
- Luca Maurer, Director, The Center for LGBT Education, Outreach & Services and co-author of The Teaching Transgender Toolkit, Ithaca College
- Emet Marwell, Policy & Programs Manager, Athlete Ally
- Jody Randall, Director, Office of LGBTQIA Education & Engagement, Texas Tech University
- khristian kemp-delisser, Director of LGBT Resource Center, Syracuse University
- Diana Ali, Associate Director of Policy Research and Advocacy, NASPA
Join NASPA and the GSKC to engage around this critical issue on Monday, June 7 from 2-3pm EST. This event is FREE for all NASPA members, and $39 for non-members.
In addition, the GSKC will offer a 30min foundational primer on transgender rights before the webinar for those interested as well. You can register for both through the link below.